Monday, September 7, 2015

1932-1998 the dash - of MOM2

We my brothers and sisters and I all have different memories of mother. She was great at meeting us at our points of need. She knew who were the stronger and the weaker ones. I resented her telling me that but I loved her for knowing and catering to those individual needs. I cried over the days she didn't visit me on her journey North...because according to her I didn’t need it. She gave us what we needed...even if we didn't like it. She made all of us feel special. Her way of making me feel special was sharing with her friends that I was going to become a Doctor. She created harmony among us. Her sons respected her BUT not all of them honored her in the sense of creating a lifestyle that was befitting of mother queen who had raised 6 boys on her own.  She was OK with that because she still loved them like Christ love the church. 

No comments:

Post a Comment