Monday, September 7, 2015

1932-1998 the dash of MOM

I'm sure my grandmother celebrated her day of Birth and yet others mourned her death.
I celebrated the dash(the time she lived) from our days together. Each of her 9 children has a different dash for mom she shared her dash with strangers, friends and family alike. One of the most important lessons I learned from mom was giving out the of her need. Another was always helping those in need. I remember once she brought home from one of travels a Chinese girl that rode with her on the Greyhound bus back to Charleston, SC. This young girl spoke little English and had no family, friends, or anywhere to lay her head. Of course, mom being mom offered her a place to stay.  We were afraid for mom’s safety but she said, “you never know when you are entertaining  Angel's”.  She went to bed ...got up the next morning and made her breakfast then helped her along the way.
In that she taught me compassion and love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment